Mortgage Loan Processor- Pittsburgh, PA
Position Type: Direct Hire
The loan processor is responsible for supporting the loan officer in providing an exceptional customer experience by navigating the customer through the loan approval and settlement process. The processor is responsible for obtaining a timely loan approval for each assigned customer and helping the customer meet the conditions of that loan approval well in advance of the settlement date. This is done through timely collection of all pertinent loan documentation as required by our underwriting department or those of our investor and broker partners. The position requires strong selling, customer service, vocational program knowledge and organizational skills to deliver on timely approval goals and on-time settlement dates.
- Responsible for making timely Loan Decisions
- Build and maintain a strong base of knowledge regarding underwriting guidelines for all available of client and broker programs.
- Ensure customer receives loan decision in no less than 28 days: Work closely with loan officers and customers immediately after application appointments
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and the ability to successfully deal with and overcome objections in regards to submission pf required documentation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to keep customers focused and on track to obtain loan approval.
- Must have strong problem solving skills to help customers overcome obstacles throughout the decision process.
- Timely Settlements
- Work proactively with each borrower immediately upon start of construction to actively clear all conditions that are not time sensitive. The company goal is to clear all applicable underwriting conditions within 45 days of construction start.
- Ensure all final underwriting and closing conditions are met within two weeks of every settlement, ensuring the customer is clear to receive final closing estimate within five business days of settlement date.
- Responsible for checking over loan package with complete accuracy to ensure there are no errors or oversights once given to closing department. – this will affect the post-closing suspense report
- Extensive communication with customers – bi-weekly minimum to keep them satisfied customers throughout the entire process.
- Keep all team members (Loan officer, branch management and home building partner) updated with all pertinent new information regarding loan decisions and customer communication.
- Responsible for keeping customers satisfied with timeliness of loan decision during the final weeks leading to settlement.
- Responsible for owning and managing a pipeline of customers, meeting each customer’s expectations of great service from application to settlement day and maintain greater than a 9.2 customer survey rating.
- 2-5 years loan processing
- High school diploma/GED
- Attention to detail and timer management skills – MUST HAVE
- Ability to successfully pass background check and drug screen