Mortgage Loan Closer- Pittsburgh, PA
Position Type: Direct Hire
The Loan Closer is responsible for preparing the closing documents and sending the required documents to settlement. NEW: effective August 1, 2015, the Loan Closer will be responsible for preparing the closing disclosure for the customer to review, at least 3 days prior to loan closing. After settlement, the Loan Closer reviews the final closed loan package for accuracy and completeness. The Loan Closer must possess strong attention to detail, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Review final HUD-1 Settlement Statement and all related closing documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for any updates or changes that may be required on the closing disclosure after initial distribution to customer.
- Once closed - responsible for reviewing the final closing documents for accuracy and completeness, as needed.
- Shipping of files as needed
- In regards to government loans: assembling post-closing Government insurance binders for all
- Quality Control and audit
- Responsible for maintaining a complete understanding of Quality Control/Audit procedures, corporate policies, regulatory policies and all procedures related to RESPA disclosures in order to review closed home loan files for accuracy and compliance.
- Responsible for consistently meeting and/or exceeding Q/C score in place to ensure minimum audit score for branch is met each month.
- Fully responsible for meeting the branch required LASR scores.
- Must effectively and efficiently manage workflow: closing backlog in a timely and effective manner, to include managing any closing date changes, the closing schedule to ensure Processors are delivering a clear-to-close home loan in time for the HUD-1 or closing disclosure to be prepared and delivered to customer in a timely manner., & Work closely with Processors, Loan Officers and Title Company to ensure appropriate figures are obtained to meet the HUD-1 or closing disclosure distribution requirements.
- 1-3 years direct closing experience – conventional & government loans
- High School Diploma/GED – required
- Attention to detail and timer management skills – MUST HAVE
- Ability to successfully pass background check and drug screen