Loan Officer- Longmont, CO
Position Type: Direct Hire
Mortgage Staffing Solutions is searching for energetic Loan Officers for full-time, direct hire opportunities in the Longmont, CO area. Please see job description below and apply directly with resume if interested.
Pay: $12-$15/hour (non-exempt) + commission
IMPORTANT NOTES FROM MANAGEMENT:
- Very team oriented environment.
- Not a lot of cold calling, a lot of business is handed off to L/O – business done mostly over the phone and internet, not face to face.
- Licensed L/O ideal – will consider someone who is registered and able to obtain license (credit check required).
- 2+ years’ experience.
- Paperless loan origination system experience.
- Responsible for initial evaluation of applicant(s) to determine qualifying eligibility for loan programs and serve as liaison through entire process.
- Serve as POC (Point of Contact) for all communications with borrowers and/or members, including taking applications and quoting rates.
- Evaluate residential applications for qualification to available loan programs and request initial list of items needed.
- Counsel applicants regarding the loan process.
- Prepare initial loan disclosures in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Price loans and request rate locks from Lock Desk.
- Follow up with borrowers who initially applied for pre-qualification.
- Maintain updates for changes to investor and mortgage insurance underwriting guidelines.
- Ability to work independently with strong initiative and reliability.
- Maintain registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System Registry and licensure as a Mortgage Loan Originator is states as determined by the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, and/or 2-5 years of experience in the financial industry.
- Knowledge in the use of personal computers, word processing, email, spreadsheets and other related applications.
- Knowledge of all investor guidelines and loan programs including but not limited to FNMA, FHA, VA as well as mortgage insurance companies.
- Knowledge of basic business office equipment including (but not limited to) personal computers, typewriter, fax machine, calculator and telephone.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common, technical, industry specific literature, financial reports and basic legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from credit union partner employees and credit union members.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, and resolve issues.
- Must be able to manage time-based projects.
***PLEASE NOTE: Background check & Credit check required to be considered for employment