Database Administrator (DBA)- Broomfield, CO
Position Type: Direct Hire
Mortgage Staffing Solutions is searching for a skilled Database Administrator (DBA). This is a perm position located in in Broomfield, CO. Salary is based on experience. To learn more, please apply directly.
- Own, track, and resolve database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs.
- Review service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs.
- Respond to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems such as the installation of new databases.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
- Develop methods for integrating different products so they work properly together such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs.
- Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
- Select and enter codes to monitor database performance and to create production database.
- Work closely with programming staff on database design changes to meet business requirements.
- Assist in strategies, processes, and best practices.
- Design, architect, and build databases from determining business requirements.
- Write and troubleshoot complex stored procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of direct database administration experience is required.
- Strong MS SQL Database knowledge is required.
- Some Oracle DB knowledge experience preferred.